Please read our Policy carefully. By visiting the Britenet website or registering as its user, you accept our Policy terms and conditions, and acknowledge that you have read the Policy.
II. GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Personal data – according to the GDPR means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
GDPR – means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the General Data Protection Regulation) according to which Britenet is processing the personal data of its Users.
Services – mean services provided by Britenet online via the website.
User – means an individual sending in queries or visiting the Britenet websites.
III. THE PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
By providing your personal data via the website www.britenet.com.pl and/or other Britenet websites, the User confirms that s/he has given the necessary consent to disclose personal data which will be used by Britenet in the manner specified in this Policy.
The provision of personal data by the User is voluntary, but necessary to provide services requested by the said User before any contract may be concluded, and failure to provide data will prevent the Controller from taking the requested action (including answering any queries concerning the provision of services), as well as from concluding and performing any contracts. The lack of consent for processing data for marketing purposes, namely sending via electronic channels commercial information about products or services provided by the controller, does not lead to any adverse consequences.
IV. THE PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
The Controller of the personal data of the Users provided in relation to the use of Britenet websites, in particular for the purposes of recruitment, registration at events, or the provision of services, is Britenet sp. z o.o., with its registered office at ul. Karolkowa 30, 01-207 Warsaw.
V. THE PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The Controller is processing the personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing answers to queries sent in by means of a contact form to the e-mail address or phone number provided by the User. In the case of sending answers to User’s queries, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the User’s consent for the processing of personal data (under art. 6 (1) (1) of the GDPR).
- In the case of concluding and performing a contract to which you are a party (e.g. a contract for the provision of services), in particular in relation to the obligations in respect of accounting, record-keeping, and tax settlement purposes – pursuant to art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- Furthermore, in the case of a contract concluded with you, in order to safeguard and pursue the legitimate interests of the Controller (in particular to allow the Controller to pursue claims arising from the contract concluded with you) – pursuant to art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- In the event of giving consent for data processing for the marketing purposes of the Controller’s products or services – pursuant to art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR.
VI. THE USER’S RIGHTS (pursuant to Chapter III, artICLES 15-21 of THE GDPR)
The User has the following rights with regard to the processing of his/her personal data by Britenet:
- The right to access his/her personal data.
- The right to rectify the processed data.
- The right for the erasure of data (“the right to be forgotten”).
- The right to limit the scope of the processed data.
- The right to transfer personal data.
- The right to withdraw the consent to the further processing of data.
Each of the rights named above is exercised at the request of the User.
At any time, the User has the right to withdraw his or her consent for the further processing of personal data for purposes which require consent, provided that such withdrawal does not affect the legitimate use of the personal data in activities performed on the basis of the consent given prior to such withdrawal.
Under the right of access to data, the User is entitled to obtain copies of documents containing the following information:
- Purposes for the processing of personal data;
- Categories of personal data processed, for instance, name, phone number;
- Information on the recipients of data or recipient categories;
- Information on the rights of the data subject;
- Information on the possibility to lodge a complaint to the Office of Personal Data Protection;
- Information on the source of data if it were not obtained directly from the User – any indication by the individual, company or institution which provided the User’s personal data.
At the same time, Britenet advises that each subsequent copy of personal data entails the payment of a reasonable fee dictated by administration costs. Britenet considers and sends a reply to the submitted requests within a month of their reception. Britenet reserves the right to either refuse to reply to a request or to reply later than the time specified above (within a period extended by two months) on account of the large number of enquiries or the complexity of the enquiry sent. In both such events Britenet will inform the User accordingly and give the appropriate reasoning for its decision.
VII. THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
While sending in a query or registering at an event organised by Britenet, the User may give consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of receiving marketing information about products and services provided by Britenet. The consent can be withdrawn at any time subject to the provisions specified in chapter VI herein.
XII. CONTACT ON MATTERS RELATED TO PERSONAL DATA
In order to submit a request or obtain information concerning the processing of personal data, please contact us by e-mail on [email protected].
IX. THE AGE OF PERSONAL DATA
The User’s personal data will be retained for the following periods:
a) data processed pursuant to the consent given (under art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR) – until the consent for the processing is withdrawn, unless the Controller discovers prior to the said withdrawal that the data has become obsolete;
b) data processed on the basis of a contract concluded with you for the purposes specified in chap. V (2) and (3) above – for the period required to perform the contract entered into with the Controller, and also for the period specified as the statute-of-limitation of claims and punishable acts which might result from the contract, as well as for the period required by law, e.g. under the provisions of tax law. The Controller may retain your personal data longer than in the period specified above only in the event that there is another purpose for processing your personal data in line with art. 6 (1) of the GDPR.
X. SECURITY REGULATIONS
Britenet has implemented the appropriate security measures (organisational and technical) to protect personal data against loss, misuse, unlawful processing, or alteration. The Controller undertakes to protect any and all information disclosed by the User in accordance with the security and confidentiality standards. The number of Britenet employees with access to personal data is limited.
Britenet is authorised to share data with entities which are entitled to it under the appropriate legal regulations.
XI. MODIFICATION OF THE POLICY